Monday, August 10, 2009

Stitchy Talk

It seems like I haven't been stitching much, but I do get a thread in here in there. Actually the best part of the past week has been spending time with stitching friends. First, Ruth and I spent nearly three hours talking about life, the universe and everything. It was glorious. We didn't stitch, but we did talk about stitching. I wish she would take a weekend off and come up to Las Vegas. We could have a gloriously decadent weekend. Then Dani dropped by my hotel room after a very long day walking around the Montreal Botanical Garden with her mother. I would have offered to meet her halfway, but I did something unfortunate to my right knee, which left me hobbling around. At least I got to see Todd's Stocking which is really magnificent. And Dani got to see Three Gables in Real Life. The colors are so subtle that no picture can do it justice. Another friend, Judith, got to see Bowled Over, and commented that the beads didn't show up in my previous pictures. I hope this one shows them off a bit more. They make the piece so much fun.

The rest of the World Science Fiction Convention for me has been busy, busy, busy. I've spent a lot of time talking to friends, getting books signed, and helping sell memberships for Melbourne, Australia, the site of next year's Worldcon. It is going to be in a remarkable new convention center. I will be working that convention, but it looks like a lot of fun. The people running the convention ran one in 1999, so have plenty of experience. Today is the last day of the convention. I'll be going to a reading by George R. R. Martin, then heading back to the hotel to start to pack. We leave tomorrow and should be home not too late tomorrow evening. And amazingly enough, I won't be traveling again until we go to Hawaii in September.

4 comments:

Bronny said...

Hey! I live in Melbourne! It would be cool to meet another blogger - and talk stitching too - even if we'd not put stitchers in!

Dani - tkdchick said...

It was sooooo nice to meet you finally! To put a face to the blog I've been reading for years. Its too bad that it was just so late at night and it was a short visit!

Your WIPs truly are gorgeous in person!

Hopefully someday we'll be in the same corner of the planet again and can have a good long visit!

Pumpkin said...

That must have been wonderful to meet some fellow stitchers :o)

Judith said...

Yes the beads show up better on that pic, and I hope you don't give up on postcard.