Monday, September 21, 2009

Almost, But Can't Be Finished

I've finished all the leaves on the ground on the left side. I've finished most of the garage. But when I reached for DMC 3045/3046 to stitch the broom straw, they weren't on my floss bag ring! Did I forget to pull them? Did I borrow them for another project? (This project has been kitted up for a long, long time.) So though I can finish the rest of the garage, finish the leaves on the right side and do most of the backstitching, I can't finish all the stitching until I get back to Nevada and track down the missing threads. No running to the local LNS here in Maui.

And speaking of DMC colors, I don't know if you can see the single blue stitch at the collar of the broom. That is DMC 3807. It is the only place that color is used. Since I have all the DMC colors, I don't mind using a color for one stitch, but I wonder why the designer didn't choose DMC 333 used at the bottom of the door and in the windows? I probably could swap DMC 832/834 for DMC 3045/3046 in the broom, but I will wait until I can stitch with the charted color. I guess I have my work cut out for me back in Nevada; finish Three Gables and finish Rouge...comme. Both are so close.

Ten Book Reading Challenge: Finished book two a couple of days ago, The Defector by Daniel Silva and 80% finished with book three.

10 comments:

Jade said...

Gosh, it can be so annoying when you need one or two colours to finish and can't get them! Your stitching is lovely, I hope to see soon what it's like when finished.

sari.i. said...

It's looking great! :)

Anna van Schurman said...

Lookin' good!

Bronny said...

I agree - how silly for the designer to specify a colour for ONE stitch. Surely that's an oversight.
However, this project is looking great - despite running out of a couple of colours - I am certainly enjoying watching its progress. I really love the dimension the specialty floss has given to the roof and walls. Marvellous!

Pumpkin said...

Oh, how frustrating!!!! The house is looking good though. What color fabric are you using?

Chiloe said...

I agree with you: why oh why another color for a few stitches ?

Mel said...

Looking fantastic!!
Hope you can get your threads sorted out.

Michele B. said...

I just happened on your blog. Your Three Gables is gorgeous! I went back through your older entries to find its name and had a nice time admiring all your other work. I'll be back!

Meari said...

You know, that would really be annoying to have to buy one skein of floss and have it used for only ONE stitch! Not that I'd have to buy any... I have plenty, but still. lol

Three Gables looks great!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Don't ya just hate when that happens!

I'd offer to send you what your missing but I think by the time it got there, you would be home again. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow