Sunday, September 6, 2009

Poppy Finished

Not only is the poppy finished, but I particularly like the frosted black beads that I used for the center. Although the rest of the beads are shiny, the black beads look much more like a real poppy. I couldn't have done this without the extra fast shipping from 123Stitch. I got my extra beads (and the last two Kitchen Collection kits) in seemingly no time at all.

As long as I was beading, I decided to finish off the background beading on the two bottom corners. That just leaves the mushrooms on the top center, the last of the border, and the beading around the ladybug. I may have time to finish this before Wednesday, but I am not going to rush it.

9 comments:

MarchAnn58 said...

Wow they all look great. The Poppy is so nice and colorful. I love the looks of beads, its just beading does take time.

Daffycat said...

Oooo, it's really gorgeous! I can't wait to see more.

Jeanne said...

Kathryn,
Just catching up on my blog reading, and had to stop to comment. This piece is really lovely, and I love your decision to add the beads. It really makes the design POP!

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Kathryn, they look wonderful! That poppy looks so incredibly real, and the heart is just gorgeous!The cherries remind me of some Moda fabric I have. :D

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Kathryn, they look wonderful! That poppy looks so incredibly real, and the heart is just gorgeous!The cherries remind me of some Moda fabric I have. :D

sari.i. said...

They are really pretty! :)

Angela said...

The beads look great. The black ones for the heart of the poppy are a great idea.

Chiloe said...

I have to admit the beads do add something more to the design and I love it !!!

Are you going tos show us your new kitchen kits? Who are the designers?

By the way, do you like the quality of your Mme la fée design? Many stitchers complain about the poor quality of her printing paper: what do you think?

RuthB said...

Ooooo, pretty. Very, very pretty. You are right about the black beads -- they are perfect. love the scattering of golds in the background though.