Monday, September 28, 2009

Rouge comme... FINISHED

It seemed longer to finish the mushroom than I thought it should. There are a lot of different reds and the motif is split badly over two pages. Actually all of this pattern is split very badly from page to page without any overlap. I did have to fold and photocopy some of the pattern in order to get any of it stitched when a single motif was split over four pages.

I am very happy with my choice of beads on this project. The spots on the mushroom were just charted for DMC Blanc. Instead I used these pale beige beads (Mill Hill 2001) and I think they look great. Now for the harder thing; how to frame this when I have only about two inches of fabric outside of the design. I will also have to find more audio books (or go back to podcasts) as I have finished all 600,000 hours (approximately) of George R. R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series. Onward to Three Gables.

16 comments:

Sharon said...

That looks fantastic! Congrats!

J Rae said...

Very pretty!!!

Jeanne said...

Great choice of beads on the mushrooms. Congratulations on the lovely finish!

Anna van Schurman said...

The mushroom is so cute!

Daffycat said...

Oh, Kathryn, it is spectacular! What an awesome finish!

Dani - tkdchick said...

that's adorable! Congratulations!

Donna said...

Love it! It's very vibrant and lovely.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish!!

Coni said...

Woo Hoo, you! Lovely lovely finish!

Barbeeque4 said...

What a beautiful finish!!! The beads sure make a great difference!

Pumpkin said...

Just beautiful Kathryn! I love all the reds and the beads on the mushroom are so sweet :o) Congrats on your finish!

Doris said...

gorgeous finish!

mcsewing said...

How gorgeous! That gets me thinking that it would be neat to do a "color wheel" somewhere with 6 different projects, 1 in each color. So many ideas, so little time, lol

Tracy J said...

The colors are very bold, lovely piece!

RuthB said...

600K, eh... approximately. lol Does he have a good reader at least?

Congrats on rouge it is absolutely stunning, and you were, no pun intended, spot on with the mushroom!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Congratulations on another finish!

The colors are wonderful on this piece and I love how you added the beads to jazz it up. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow