Sunday, October 11, 2009

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

I wasn't feeling well. I wasn't sleeping. There were too many new shows on television to watch. I spent too much time reading. We had to go out and interview a pool dude and a hardware flooring guy for the new house. It was my week to cook. I had to drop off my husband at the airport and pick him up. I had to take the car in the shop for an oil change and Smog Check. I finished my audiobooks and don't want to listen to my podcasts. Sure there are lots of excuses why I am not stitching, but the truth is that frogging that amount of stitching makes your mojo run away and hide under the bed. And since our bed is only six inches off the floor, it's hard to crawl under it and go get that mojo back. I have stitched about half of the mixing bowl. I had hoped to post a picture of the bowl completely done, but that will have to wait.

Probably a better excuse about why I am not stitching is right here. I was in JoAnne's last week and found these bead boxes on sale. I got two to start with to see if they would work and then went back and bought five more. I have three of them filled up and have enough Mill Hill beads to fill two more. Then I need to decide if I want to put some of my other brands of beads in these boxes or not. The small boxes are 2" x "1" x 1/2". Twenty four of the smaller boxes fit in a hinged larger box. I really like that my 1/2" label maker makes perfect labels for these boxes and that I can see all the different colors through the larger clear box. (The A stands for Antique Beads, the F stands for Frosted, and the M stands for Magnifica.) The boxes can also hold more than one package of Mill Hill beads. I need to finish this project by the end of the week so that I can get all of this off the dining room table and back in the sewing room where it belongs.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I probably have a dozen more excuses I could add to your list :)

I really like the bead organization!! That in itself is quite an undertaking!

Chiloe said...

I love the boxes! I couldn't fill a lot but I'd like to find the same system here.


It's trye what you say about frogging. It always take me some time to go back after frogging : I always wonder why I could do such a mistake ...

Keep stitching: it's beautiful ;-)

Pumpkin said...

Oh no :o( Bad froggy!!!! I hope you get your mojo back. Maybe trying a yard stick?

Very cool! Love how you have them all labeled :o)

Daffycat said...

Great bead organization! The label maker sure comes in handy doesn't it?

Meari said...

I actually have a set of these, too. I store my larger beads that I use for scissor fobs. :)

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Kathryn, I love your bead box storage, especially the labeling you've done. I didn't do labeling on my containers and I hope I don't live to regret it. Nice job. Sorry about not stitching, but since we don't make our living from it, it's perfectly fine to put it down until we feel like it again. Take care.