Monday, October 19, 2009

Leaves, Leaves, Leaves

You know that I must be going crazy when I would rather backstitch than cross stitch. But the only parts left to cross stitch are all those darn confetti leaves. Not just the leaves sitting around the bottom on the house and garage, but the ones floating down in the middle of nowhere. There are still dozens of them to stitch. Finally last night I couldn't take it any more. I couldn't look at another WiP. I didn't even care if I finished Three Gables, even if I am oh, so close.

So, of course, I had to start a new project. It is an old and out of print kit that I am stitching for my elderly mother-in-law. She used to needlepoint (even finished covering eight dining room chairs), but doesn't see well enough now to stitch. You are welcome to guess what it is, but it won't look like much until much more of it is stitched and backstitched.

Meanwhile I did take Mix It Up to Pasadena and back on Saturday, but didn't have a chance to add even one stitch. The living room where we held the meeting was rather crowded and there really wasn't enough room to swing a needle, much less safely keep my scissors and needlethreader close at hand. It was an interesting meeting and I am glad that I went, but I have to say that I was equally glad for the shopping we did. I love Crate & Barrel, but there are none of their stores in Nevada. I often stop by their store in Pasadena when I am in southern California. This time we bought a huge black glass vase and some tiny handblown juice glasses. We also had a chance to shop at the Bath & Beyond Outlet and the Williams Sonoma Outlet in Primm. I tell myself that I don't need anything from these stores, but I always walk out with some things. I'm a sucker for bath products that will help me sleep.

I'm going to go back and stitch on my new project while I am still excited by it. I hope everyone has a happy and productive week.

6 comments:

Mel said...

All looking great.
Those confetti stitches, though a pain, will look awesome when done!

Danielle said...

Three Gables looks so fab!!!! Keep going. You can do it!

Anna van Schurman said...

Is it a cat? I would totally avoid that confetti too.

Pumpkin said...

LOL! I can see why you gave up. Don't give up completely though because you are so close to being done!

I have no idea what you're stitching but I look forward to seeing more :o)

sari.i. said...

Your house looks great! :)

Jennifer said...

Have you tried the Dove Calming Night soap? It's lovely.