I was going to backstitch at least three shells, but you have to not only finish the shells, but also finish stitching parts of the nearby shells that are next to the back stitching. I do have three more shells stitched, but not their neighbors. I also thought I would stop stitching this and go back to Three Gables and finish it in October, but I haven't. Instead I frogged about a third of the right hand border and restitched it. I also moved the stitching on the Q-snaps so that I could stitch all of the upper right hand corner. I've finished the upper right border and started on the top border. There is a lot of water, so I will be stitching that for a while before I go back to the shells.
Mostly we have been spending time deciding what to do about building the new house. It seems to be in a state of permanent uncertainty, so on Monday we fired our general contractor and yesterday talked to another contractor who we had liked before (and who certainly has more experience dealing with the City of Henderson if they are the problem). It has been very depressing to think that we are another month or two from starting this project. We thought we would be breaking ground in August!