Sunday, November 8, 2009

Top Right Hand Corner

You know how good it feels to stitch to an edge of a pattern, especially if you start in the center. Although the corner is a row of half stitches in a pale color, I have reached the top right hand corner. In fact, I think I have a good chance of reaching my weekend goal of finishing all the stitching in the top right hand quarter. There is just a bit of stitching for the shells, but a lot more backstitching. The water area has quite a few blank spots, so there is not a lot to stitch there either. Then I'll move over to the left hand top quarter. That quadrant has a lot more water, but the shell area is relatively blank. I can tell that I must have been stitching a lot because I have caught up with all my podcasts. I'll have to start listening to some of my audiobooks.

I have all this time for stitching because my husband has been gone since Tuesday and won't be back until next Sunday. And there isn't much to do on the new house until the retaining wall permits are granted. The only serious project I have to do this week is figuring out how to eat and dress for two days while they are resurfacing our flooring in master bathroom (the only access to my closet) and the kitchen. Time to get out the coolers and fill them up with drinks.

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Wow! You put a good dent into this WIP :o)

Mel said...

Great stitching. I also love getting to the edge of the pattern. :)

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

You've made great progress!

I hate when they work on the insides of our house. Disrupts everything!

Just make sure that you have a pathway to a bathroom! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow