Thursday, December 3, 2009

Corner #2

Yes, the top left hand corner is finished.  In fact I think about the top third of the entire design is finished.  But finishing the top is important because the entire design is just a little too big to fit on 11" x 11" Q-snaps.  Now I can reposition the fabric to work more on the center and the bottom.

I am feeling better and looking forward to going to Austin, Texas, tomorrow.  We leave at o'dark o'clock when the temperature here is supposed to be below freezing (though no snow!)  So do I take my bulky down jacket, which is probably too warm for Austin, or something lighter?  I don't think a sweater will be quite enough, but since I don't have to wear coats that often, I don't have a lot to choose from.  I hear there is a great needlepoint store in Austin, where I just might have to stop.  But mostly I want to get some Texas things for my nephew's children (girl, 2 1/2 and boy, 1).  Not that they don't have a hundred stuffed toys, but wouldn't a plushy armadillo be fun?  Yes, I am taking this stitching with me, but probably will not stitch on the two flights (both short).  There should be time to stitch while listening to people talk.

4 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I'd go with a fleece jacket if you have one and a scarf. I always find that if my neck is warm, I'm a little warmer. And fleece is warm without bulk. Wear it unzipped or without the scarf in Texas when a sweater alone isn't enough.

Ginger's is supposed to be awesome. I heard it from a flight attendant who'd been to all the major cross stitch stores. Jealous.

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow! Your project looks fantastic :o)

I hope you get to the NS while you're there. Can't wait to hear all about it!

mainely stitching said...

Owen Meany loved his armadillo. I think it's a fab gift. :D

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous project!