Saturday, December 26, 2009

Not Finished

This is as far I got with Tranquility before we left for the holidays Back East.  If I had gotten the shells themselves finished, I would have taken it with me and would have presented it anyway.  But with just the suggestion of shells in the bottom half, I decided to wait, finish and frame it before send I it off to my mother-in-law.  The two stitched and framed items that I gave my nephew's wife and my niece for Christmas were very well received.  My niece even gave me a gift certificate to The Stitch Niche.  So although I certainly do not need any more stash, I did get a couple more patterns.

Although I did not bring Tranquility with me to Kentucky, I have been stitching on Mix It Up.  Comparatively it is so small that I should have it completely finished before we leave on Tuesday.  That will mean that three of the six Kitchen Collection designs will be finished.  I brought two others with me and will probably start one of them.  I also brought the canvas piece that I bought in Austin, Texas, Angel Cat.  My mother-in-law always gives us money for Christmas and asks us to buy something.  We always have something to show her that we bought with her money, so I showed her Angel Cat.  I am eager to start it, but I also think that it would be the perfect start for January 1, 2010.  I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is looking forward to the new year as much as I am.

2 comments:

sari.i. said...

Hi! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas time!

Pumpkin said...

You are SO close!!!! It's going to look amazing.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. All the best to you and your family in the New Year :o)