Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Finish for 2010 (and A New Start)

Yes, I finished Lil' Cupcake on Tuesday night. Yesterday was so rainy, I had to take this picture using my Ott light.  This makes four of the six Mill Hill Kitchen Collection designs finished.  I will probably have the other two finished by the end of the year.  I'll will look for more Mill Hill kits as I do like beading.  It gives such dimension and sparkle to these projects.


I mentioned a new start, but it's not what you might have expected. After eight months in building permit hell (and an ultimatum to the new contractors), we now have all our building permits to start our new house. I had certainly given up thinking about the project.  I will have to get back my enthusiasm because it really is going to happen. We have our next meeting with the contractors tomorrow morning and we will know more then about when we actually break ground.  It will take about three months to build the retaining walls before we can start on the actual house itself.  The entire project will probably take 13 - 15 months, though I can always hope that it is finished sooner.

10 comments:

Blanket America said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blanket America said...

Lovely stitching done here.The cupcake looks very happy on your cloth.I love the neatness and the color scheme of the work done.

charity

RuthB said...

Well that's a great new start! I like that start. :) My fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!

RuthB said...

For the record, I love the cupcake!

mainely stitching said...

I wonder if it will be June before I have my first 2010 finish? LOL. I love yours! :D

staci said...

Sweet finish!!!

Mel said...

cute finish!

MarchAnn58 said...

Wow I looked at this real close and there are a lot of beads on it and it is a great piece. You do a really nice work.
Good luck with the house, keep us posted.

Terri said...

Looks great. I love it. Looks good enough to eat :)

Pumpkin said...

Great finish Kathryn! Congrats :o) They're going to look great in your kitchen.