Friday, January 1, 2010

Last 2009 Finish and 2009 Goals

I started Three Gables on January 1, 2009 and finished it on December 31, 2009.  It was almost done last October, but all the confetti colors on the ground and in the sky slowed me down.  Finishing this took longer than I thought it would.  The stitching, backstitching and French knots weren't too bad, but it took several tries to get the wreath to fit in the space given.  It was a fun piece and I enjoyed stitching it.

I wanted to concentrate on several WiPs this year, but didn't get as many done as I thought that I would.  Some of them will continue on my 2010 Goals list and some of them will become UFOs.  I finished three and a quarter of my goals, one extra credit item, and six unscheduled designs.


  1. Finish A Gift of Love.

  2. Stitch another bib for Amy’s new baby boy.
  3. Start and finish Cross Eyed Cricket’s Three Gables.

  4. Finish Michael Powell’s Cottage Garden.
  5. Finish Rouge ... comme.
  6. Finish Flower Fairy.
  7. Finish Bothy's Cut Thru Rocket.
  8. Finish Parts 2, 3, 4, and 5 of Hawaiian Mandala.

  9. Start and finish one Kit & Bixby sheep.
  10. Start Ink Circle’s Beautie Spotte.
  11. Sewing:
    One apron for my mother-in-law.
    Piece the top of Zig Zag quilt for the guest room.
    One purse from my collection of bag patterns.
    Finish my husband's flamingo shirt.
    One piece of clothing for me.
    Make something with the pig cloth I collected for my sister-in-law.
    Make something with the cow cloth I collected for my niece.
Extra credit:
  1. Start Me, Myself and I Round Robin.
  2. Finish French Noel.

  3. Finish Pineapple Fish.
  4. Finish Red and Black Box needlepoint.
New Starts
:
  1. Started and finished Life Is Good.

  2. Started Under the Sea.
  3. Started and finished Winter Ewe.

  4. Started and finished Postcard from Paradise.

  5. Started and finished Bowled Over.

  6. Started and finished Toasty.

  7. Started and finished Mix It Up.
  8. Started Bucilla’s Tranquility (The Shells).

Even though I finished less than half of my 2009 Goals, I don't feel badly about that.  If I hadn't had this list, even more of these projects could have become UFOs.  I need some goals so that I can focus.  I never got out my sewing machine this year, but I intend to change that in 2010 and get some of these sewing projects finished.

10 comments:

J Rae said...

Congrats on your final finish of 2009 and for reaching as many goals as you did. May 2010 bring you even more goal stitching. :-)

Bronny said...

Oh wow! I am blown away by 3 Gables - I am pleased to have been able to watch your progress on this, and the design and your stitching are splendifourous!!
Goals are good, as long as we don't get hung up on them as life interferes with our stitching world sometimes.
Happy 2010 - looking forward to watching your progress on your stitching goals!

Susimac said...

Great finishes for 2009, I never stick with my goals I set, so I've stopped setting them now, so I always admire those of us that do, or try too.

Sorry you were to late to join the party but I hope you have a great 2010, and I will keep popping back to see how you are doing

Hugs

Sharon said...

I think you did a great job with your goals and you stitched some really pretty pieces. I love this finish-turned out great!

Nic said...

Congratulations on your achievements - I look forward to seeing more of your lovely work in 2010!

Tracy said...

Congrats on your finishes! I didn't set up any goals for stitching, I don't want to be disappointed!

Pumpkin said...

It's wonderful! I LOVE IT! Congrats on your final finish for 2009.

I love reading everyone's goals. It's always good to have something guiding you. That's MHO anyway ;o)

Sonda in OR said...

Congrats on your finished goals! I haven't even dared to look at mine from last year yet. I love Three Gables! It looks fabulous! Have a wonderful new year!

Anna van Schurman said...

Three Gables looks great! Fab job!

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

Three Gables looks wonderful!

Enjoyed seeing a recap of your 2009 stitching and I'm looking forward to seeing what you plan on working on it 2010. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow