Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Wing and A ... Leg?

Well, that's what I have been stitching over the past few days.  There is also a good part of the tail done and I have started on the green background.  The dark green swirls are Glorianna Perle Silk in Forest.  It's quite variegated.  The dark bits are almost black, but overall I love the colors.  I was going to stitch the fish in the same Glorianna Perle Silks of the background colors with the ribbon in Fiesta Snow as the heart is, but when Cyn asked about how I was going to stitch the fish, all of a sudden I realized that I'd much rather have a slightly shiny fish and a fuzzy ribbon.  I know I have some red RG Very Velvet at home, but I don't know if it will fit in 18 count or whether I need to get some Very Velvet Petite.  I think I have some RG Neon Rays (the same slightly shiny ribbon used on the paw pads)  that will work for the fish.  But it will be quite a while before I get to the fish.  Although I brought Tranquility (The Shells), it is really too large and complex to stitch on the ship.  When we get home, that will get my full attention...at least for a while.

When the ship was in port in Guatemala, I took out Lil' Cupcake and started on the beading. It was OK to stitch it in the comfy chairs and low tables of the library, but now that we are gently rolling on the Sea of Cortez on our way to Los Cabos, I tried out the Card Room.  The chairs weren't very comfy, but the textured leather table is perfect for keeping the beads from rolling around and the height is just right for setting out all the threads and scissors for an easy reach.  I'll go back there and stitch after this post (assuming the bridge players haven't taken all the tables.)   We are going snorkeling in Cabo tomorrow, but then there are two days at sea before we land in Los Angeles on Thursday.  It might be Angel Cat all the way home if the heavy seas off the coast of California continue.  Overall our weather has been almost perfect.  Sunshine and a few puffy clouds, but not too hot.  Yesterday in Acapulco was the only day we have had any rain.

6 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

You're posting so often I thought you were home! Ah...two days at sea. So relaxing. {But no more for me--I go stir crazy on the third day. I need solid ground. :)}

mainely stitching said...

I felt like I was sailing along with you! Meetcha in the Card Room later!

anne marie said...

It was a pleasure to discover your blog and see so many gorgeous embroideries.

Pumpkin said...

Kitty is looking fantastic! I love seeing the picture blown up for all the details :o)

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time on the cruise. I wish I were somewhere sunny because we've had two snow storms in three days :o(

Cyn said...

Hi Kathryn,

I like the idea of Neon Rays for the fish. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with him. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Blanket America said...

I think the work you have done is nothing short of being a aster piece.With perfect color combination and neat stitches...it almost looks like a painting.

patchwork