Thursday, February 18, 2010

Confetti Beading

This is the fifth in Debbie Mumm's Kitchen Collection from Mill Hill, Easy As Pie. HA!  If I had started with this kit rather than the ones I have already done, I might not have ever finished any of them.  There are six different colors of beads (two reds).  Although it will look like a lovely pie when it is done, stitching the almost random beads and stitches is daunting.  I am trying to stitch up the first four colors of beads so that I will have only stitching (not beading) left on the pie.  Then I can work on stitching only on our flight back to the mainland next Wednesday.  I should be working on Tranquility (The Shells), but I am not.  I hope this is not turning into a UFO.

The broken things around the house are now fixed: new cable box, new modem, spa fixed.  Though at 60 degrees outside (and windy) last night, a soak in the hot tub was not recommended.  The winds should die down over the weekend, but there may be some rain.  We really don't mind rain while we are in Hawaii.  Green is always better than brown.

6 comments:

MarchAnn58 said...

I really like all the ones that you have done. Very nice but aren't beads a bi**h. Beautiful but a pain.

RuthB said...

Go Green! Isn't it a rule that it has to rain a little every day in HI? It did when I was there years ago.

I love the pie but I would not relish the thought of stitching around beads. You're a better woman than I, my dear.

Say, can we have a discussion on Photoshop sometime? I know you're an expert and it's vexing me.

The Queen Bee said...

I love that piece! Despite your beading troubles I might have to purchase a couple of them. They are turning out so pretty.

Donna said...

Easy as Pie. How ironic? But I'm sure it will be as lovely as its companions.

jcbemis said...

are you going from HI to CA or NV? we will be in NV from Tues-Sat

Terri said...

This is so cute. I love it.