Friday, February 12, 2010

Halfway

I suppose that this piece is about halfway done. But more importantly, I have used half of the two skeins of Gloriana Princess Perle Granny Smith Green that I am using for the background. Although the fish does take up a lot of the background on the right side, I think I will run our of this thread before I finish the background. So this means a thread hunt.  I'd like to go to my favorite needlework store, The Status Thimble, in Burlingame, but I don't think they carry Glorianna threads.  I can call them in the morning.  Needle in a Haystack in Alameda carries the these threads, but I don't know if they have this color in stock.  I can call them, too.  It's just easier to drive to Burlingame from the City than it is to drive across the Bay Bridge to Alameda.  And Burlingame has better restaurants and an Apple store.  I seem to have left my earphones in Nevada, so I'd like to get a new pair before we fly to Hawaii on Sunday.  Not much chance of getting threads or good iPhone earphones in Maui.  I'll probably stitch a couple more hours on this tonight, but tomorrow I need to start the fifth Kitchen Collection piece so that I can stitch it more on the long plane flight over the Pacific Ocean.  Once I get to Maui, it's Tranquility (The Shells) all the way until that piece is done.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You're really making great progress on this one!

mainely stitching said...

Good luck on your thread hunt. Sometimes the hunt is the best part. ;)

Love the project, btw!! :D