Sunday, February 21, 2010

More Than Halfway

Finally. I have started back on Tranquility (The Shells).  I remember how involved I was when I was stitching this in December.  I simply couldn't put it down.  But now it's pretty hard to pick it up.  Maybe it's all the backstitching I had to do so that I could rotate the cloth in the Q-Snaps to reach the very bottom of the pattern.  Maybe it is because so much of the shells that are left are confetti stitching (with an immense amount of quarter stitches.  How in the heck did the designers ever think that this could be stitched on Aida?)  Maybe it is because I am moving from the very easy to see 18 count needlepoint on Angel Cat to all this 28 count quarter stitches.  At least there are no beads!  But slowly I am moving back into the rhythm of the piece and it is getting easier to decide where to stitch next.  Now that I have finished all the backstitching on the top of the pattern, I can get back to stitching long rows of the same color in the border when I want to tear my hair out over the confetti stitching on the shells themselves.

Being in Maui has been very relaxing.  No timetable.  No meetings.  No decisions other than where we want to go to eat.  That will change on Thursday when we get back to Nevada.  (At least I hope it will change and we will be ready to break ground and start building).  So I am going to enjoy these last few days here and try to spend some time in the sun.

3 comments:

RuthB said...

Ooo, breaking ground. How exciting... and how daunting.

Confetti stitching and quarter stitches aside, your shells are beautiful. It could be worse... there might be blending filament involved. :)

Terri said...

Looks great. I cannot wait to see you finish it :)

Barb said...

It is looking great. Can't wait to see more progress on it.