Sunday, April 25, 2010

More Pie, More Beads

First I want to thank all the commenters and readers for their kind thoughts.  They must have worked, since I am feeling better than I have in six months.  I am just about back to normal as far as flexibility (you have no idea how hard simply sitting up can be with dozens of staples in your abdomen).  But I still have a bit to go in the strength department and get tired too easily.  I even survived a car trip to southern California last Monday to meet with an oncologist from USC Norris Cancer Center.  She was very encouraging, claiming that my cancer was not as dire as I previously had been told.  She also said that I should have chemo and radiation in Las Vegas and stay close to home.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with a local oncologist and should be starting chemo early in May.  I will probably have chemo for six months (with a break at the end of August and the beginning of September to go to Australia).  I will know a lot more after tomorrow's doctor's appointment.  But on to stitching!

It may not be much, but I did finish all of the gray in the pie plate and started the green band under the pie.  I was stitching in my favorite stitching chair rather than at the dining room table as I often do when beading, but only lost one bead to the chair cushion.  I still am not stitching every day, but I did stitch some yesterday and started to fill in all the red on the right side of the pie.  I am going to finish this before I go on to other projects.  I checked my list of 2010 Goals -- oh, my, I was rather ambitious.  I doubt I will get half of these projects finished, but I hope to start up again on one or two UFOs.  I really want to get a few UFOs finished before starting on a new project.  Some of these UFOs are so old that I am sure they will feel like a new project.

7 comments:

Reika said...

I'm so very glad that you feel good enough to stitch now.

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm glad you've had good news. I hope it continues!

mainely stitching said...

Good to hear an update, Kathryn. Thinking good thoughts for you!!!

Meari said...

Glad to see you're feeling better, and have been stitching. Sending positive vibes your way. :)

Front Range Stitcher said...

It sounds like you're doing all the right things and are in good hands. Your desire to return to stitching is a good sign and soon all will be right in your world. Best of luck with your appointment.

Coni said...

More happy thoughts winging their way to you today! I'm glad to know that you got better news from the docs and that you've been able to do a little stitching.

Keep your chin up and we'll keep the vibes positive and headed in your direction!

jcbemis said...

I'm glad you're feeling enough better to stitch again. I thought about phoning, but couldn't figure out where I'd put your phone number... I've been thinking of you lots though