Thursday, May 20, 2010

Easy As Pie FINISHED

I actually finished this on Sunday. But on Monday when I tried to take a photograph the sky was full of low, dark clouds. Anywhere else would have had torrential rains, but here it was just windy and cool. The last stitching bits were rather boring as there are two different colors of green in the bottom border, but it is hard to see any difference between the two of them. Still it is lovely to have five of the six Mill Hill kits finished. I need to finish at least one more UFO before I start the last kit, I'm Jammin'. I have only two finishes this year and both are Mill Hill kits.

I have been working on Angel Cat. In fact I should have a picture to show in the next day or two. I am using a satin stitch with Petite Very Velvet for the border and it looks fantastic. I don't know if the luscious fuzziness of the thread will show up very well in a photograph.

9 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

It's not a contest! Whether you stitch one or a hundred, Mill Hill or MLI, oh wait, were you a product stitcher? No! So there you go. Enjoy the process...and the feel of the very velvet. I love that stuff!

Donna said...

LOL@Anna!

And it was easy as cake, right? Simple as pie?

It's very cute.

I'm a recent convert to the Very Velvet stuff. Looks great. Fun to stitch with (at least on canvas.)

Pumpkin said...

That's great! Congrats on the finish Kathryn :o)

Front Range Stitcher said...

Very "sweet" piece Kathryn. : ) Petite Very Velvet is one of my very favorite threads to use. If ever I get the chance I use it, it's so easy and lays beautifully and has a pretty good color variety too. Good for you for working on an UFO before embarking on Jammin. It's all good and all fun.

Mel said...

Very cute!

It's so hard to convince ourselves not to have hundreds of starts isn't it. Good for you for keeping to your plan of getting some UFO's done. :)

Sharon said...

Very pretty finish!

jcbemis said...

cheers on a finish!

Raven/Missy said...

Congratulations on your finish! It looks wonderful! You did a great job.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish!