Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This Could Be the Start of Something Small

Yes, this is a dragon wing. In fact the wing from Peter Underhill's Mythical Beasts series, a British chart that I bought in Spokane, Washington, several years ago. I also have the Griffin pattern from the same company, Heritage Stitchcraft. I thought about switching out some of the DMC for metallics or overdyes, but there are a lot of colors in this pattern, so I think I will stick to the charted colors...so far. Some of this was stitched while flying and more of it was stitched in Lexington, Kentucky, while my husband was packing up things from his mother's estate. There was so much there we could have loaded two cars, but we were cautious and just took about a half a van full. None of this was stitched on our 2,000 mile road trip. After driving for 11 - 12 hours a day, all I did when we stopped was jump into a bath and fall into bed. The trip through Tulsa and Albuquerque was very nice. We ate a lot of great bar-b-que and New Mexican food. But our favorite ceramics shop in Albuquerque is no longer there. Finding good ceramics is getting harder and harder. I don't really want to take up pottery myself, but maybe I will have to.

When we got back I met with Anna for the first time In Real Life. She is just as delightful as her blog. If you aren't reading her blog, you really should. Like many people who have lived in California, but now live somewhere else, she was craving an In-N-Out burger and we were happy to oblige. They do make awesome burgers.

Now we are in the last throws of packing for a science fiction convention in Pasadena. Driving for only four hours should be easy. And there is more good food to look forward there, including Pie and Burger which has wonderful pies. But the real reason I am so stoked to be there is to see all of my SF friends who I missed at the last couple of conventions. I should have plenty of time to add lots of stitches to this dragon.

4 comments:

Parsley said...

LOVE those colors! Can't wait to see more progress!

Would you like to join a recipe exchage? If so join in and spread the word with your peeps. My blog has details.

mainely stitching said...

I hope you have a great time reconnecting with your SF buddies!! :D :D And I love the dragon start.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great draggie start! Can't wait to see more!

Enjoy your convention!!! I know you do!

Elsie said...

I love reading about your needlework projects.

www.lifeshillsandvalleys.com