Friday, August 6, 2010

One Quarter Finished

Well, almost. I was going to move the Q-snaps so that I could start on the lower right quadrant, but there is still a lot of backstitching to do on the upper right quadrant. Backstitch now or later? Sigh, I think the proper answer is backstitch now, then move the Q-snaps. The backstitching is complex enough that there is a entire separate page just for the backstitching. It is not over the entire picture, but there is a lot on the wings and body. I'll get back to cross stitching next week.

Other than stitching and sleeping, I am mostly working on the house. Last week we had a half dozen meetings with pool guys, plumbers, electricians, window and door guys, and the glass artist who is doing our front door and master bedroom shower. It's amazing how interconnected all these systems are. The plumbers need to know about the ice maker, the electricians need to know about the tankless hot water heaters, and the pool guys need to know where the gas lines can be. I am glad we have a general contractor as I would hate to co-ordinate and get bids for all this by myself. No pictures yet as they are just working on the foundation. Maybe I can post a picture when they finish the rough framing next month. Meanwhile, I wish you all swift stitches and beautiful threads.

7 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Gorgeous colors to enjoy! There's always so much detail achieved in the cross stitched pieces and this is no exception. You're making great progress especially considering everything else on your plate these days. I'm enjoying following this and am anxious to see the head of the beast; but I'll be patient.

Angela said...

Stunning colours. Intry to backstitch as I go mainly because it makes more sense to me then than if I come back to it later.

I must have lost track of your blog, the last time I looked you were still talking to architects!!

Pumpkin said...

I'm just so in love with these vibrant colors! I can't wait to see some of the backstitching put in :o)

I just can't imagine building a house and it taking this long.

Sonda in OR said...

I love this piece! The colors are wonderful and like the others said, so vibrant. It makes me cheerful just looking at it.

Milly~ said...

The colors just pop on this piece. Look forward to seeing your progress. And I'm with you do the backstitching as you go.

Florida General Contractor said...

Wow Nice color combination is very nice. And this is very attractive. You are very generous person and outgoing person.

Thanks for sharing your thought with us.

miniaturista said...

Me encanta el punto de cruz, es precioso
Abrazos
Maite